We offer our candidates FREE courses of Medical English, with great, professional teachers who obtained their precious international experience while working in the US, UK, Ireland or Saudi. The courses are held online so that all our candidates from all over Europe can participate.
The CLINICAL SCENARIO courses provide case studies where together with the lecturer you analyze the situation, the patient and subsequently deduce possible ways of providing professional care, including possible medication with regard to the Anglo-American model of nursing. The instructor of these courses is MAX, a native American who worked in Washington for several years as a paramedic.
The MEDICAL ENGLISH courses are focused on refreshing and consolidating your basic medical vocabulary. Together with the lecturer HEDVIKA, who studied in the USA for several years, you will focus on topics such as monitoring vital signs, infection prevention, patient care, etc.
The INTERVIEW PREPARATION courses are aimed at preparing candidates for interviews, which are so different from what we are used to here. With lecturer SILVIE, an experienced nurse who has been living and working abroad for years, you will focus on how to correctly pass a job interview, what you need to avoid during interviews, what are the most common mistakes, etc.
The ECG READING & LAB ASSESSMENT courses will prepare you for the most professional questions that the hospital may ask you during interviews. We mostly recommend them to nurses specializing in critical care, who abroad are required to be able to read the basic ECG curves, evaluate the basic lab analysis of the patient (note: the competence of decision-making and interpretation always belongs to doctors, even abroad). The courses are led by an experienced lecturer DAVID, a nurse and paramedic in one, who has many years of work experience in the Czech Republic, Saudi Arabia and Britain.
The INTRODUCTION TO PROMETRIC course is especially crucial for those who are already preparing to take the professional exam in order to work abroad. The exam is based on the Anglo-American healthcare system, therefore even experienced and knowledgeable candidates must prepare well for this exam. The course is led by lecturer MAGDA, who works as the head of education at UVN Hospital Prague. She holds an American nursing license in four US states.
The INTERCULTURAL PREPARATION course is dedicated to approaching the differences in the care of a Muslim patient, but it also prepares candidates to work in multicultural teams, as more than 60% of health workers from abroad work in the health sector in all the rich countries of the Arabian Peninsula. The course is led by a lecturer and famous Czech healthcare influencer HANA , a nurse who lives and works in Saudi Arabia, the author of the Instagram “I am not just a nurse”, which shows her daily work in one of our partner hospitals.
Course schedule for October:
- October 7 from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m.; JOB INTERVIEW PREPARATION with Silvie
- October 10 from 14:00 to 15:30; INTERCULTURAL TRAINING with Hana
- October 11 from 14:00 to 15:30; CLINICAL SCENARIOS I. with Max
- October 11 from 16:00 to 17:30; MEDICAL ENGLISH I. with Hedvika
- October 12 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.; LAB ASSESSMENT with David
- October 14 from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m.; JOB INTERVIEW PREPARATION with Silvie
- October 18 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; MEDICAL ENGLISH II. with Hedvika
- October 19 from 14:00 to 15:30; CLINICAL SCENARIOS II. with Max
- October 24 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.; BASIC ECG READING with David
- October 25 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; MEDICAL ENGLISH III. with Hedvika
- October 26 from 14:00 to 15:30; CLINICAL SCENARIOS III. with Max
- October 27 from 16:30 to 18:00; INTRODUCTION TO PROMETRIC with Magda
Registration for the courses via firstname.lastname@example.org; send an email with the date of the course you want to sign up for.
Fortune favors the prepared;).